book your stay online quick and easy
The 21 luxury cabanas of Hakuna Majiwe Lodge are spread out along this quiet, palm-fringed beach, each leading straight out onto the hourglass-fine sands and jade waters of the Indian Ocean. The cabanas pay homage to our host culture, mixing thatched roofs and wooden floors with the intricate ornamental vidaka plasterwork of the Swahili Coast to create a space that is both shamba chic and authentic in style. Walk-in dressing areas, artisan four-poster beds and generous bathrooms ensure that style is complemented by the comforts expected on your holiday. Be it a private honeymoon retreat or hosting your family in our dedicated 5 bed suites, comfort and privacy are always guaranteed.
And at the heart of the tropical splendor of our spacious grounds sits the Tradewinds Restaurant, from where our hard-earned reputation for can-do hospitality has been forged. An evolving menu of Swahili-Zanzibari cuisine using locally-sourced ingredients is freshly prepared with International flair each and every day, paired with carefully-selected wines and juices, to create lasting culinary experiences, worthy of your visit. Private dining, with butler service, is always available for those seeking intimate memories to dine for.
With a kite school for the more intrepid guests and an excursion center for the more curious wishing to explore the island, there is always something to do if the relaxation becomes too much.
Our home is where our heart is, though, and Life As Always A Beach at Hakuna Majiwe.
• 21 rooms , 19 double and two Family rooms, spread across a pristine beach site on the South East Coast, Paje, Zanzibar
• All rooms with shower, walk-in wardrobe, fan, veranda with swinging beds, Zanzibari bed with mosquito nets and room safe
• 16 Deluxe Double rooms and 2 Family rooms equipped with Air Conditioners, 5 Garden Rooms Equipped with Ceiling Fans
• Laundry service, secure parking and babysitter available
• Private Butler service available at an added cost
• Picture-perfect white sand beach with safe tides, ideal for families.
• Close to popular kite surfing beaches and kite centers, tuition and hire available.
• Spacious grounds featuring generous pool and shaded deck area.
• Swimming Pool situated in the Garden Area
• Well-stocked bar, versatile kitchen, choice of dining areas.
• Excursions, diving, snorkeling, fishing and special tours arranged on request.